Monday, August 17, 2009

30 to 30: Day 8, "Wild Ones""

Chicago is enchanting!

Not only did I bash around the town loving life, seeing sights and enjoying friends but I also got to go see Josh at the Brookfield Zoo!!

**Sidenote: I wish you all had a Josh. He's the best. I think I have had exactly three friends for so long- Josh entered my world in Honduras in 1995. What an adventure! Fifteen years later, we're still thick as thieves! (A phrase I love but don't understand). LOVE HIM.**

So- Chicago. The Zoo. WHOA! So amazing! Its not enough that Josh is the consummate host, expert on fun in the windy city AND a great friend, but... he is also a monkey whisperer. He hangs with orangutans, y'all! It was beyond incredible to get some quality time with Maggie (one of the oldest orangutans in the US who, incidentally, has had an "extreme makeover" and lost over 100 lbs after being treated for a thyroid condish!), Schnitz, Pepper and the others. I also got to see some VIP behind the scenes animal stuff! What a lucky girl I am! (Somewhere my animal loving mother is soooo jealous). hehe.

My goal was to play with an orangutan and.. I DID! I even got to feed them Kool-Aid. :)

Photos to follow!

UPDATE: Here are some pics of the weekend!

Josh with Maggie

Maggie (note she's holding out her finger to snuggle with me- duh)
Apes- so so strong!
Christian and Me at Kristin's old brown line stop in Lincoln Park
Emily and Me hitting downtown

Navy Pier for the "Air and Water Show"
Standard Chitown pic (sign is for mom who LOVES Steely Dan!)
Joshy and Me

1 comment:

Mark and Rachel said...

How awesome you got to see Josh! I want to see pics :) Glad you two are still in touch. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall....though I would have probably been a fly on the floor rolling around laughing.