Wednesday, August 19, 2009

30 to 30: Day 11, "Wisdom"

I'm just going to be real with you. We're friends, right?

I have had a really stressful couple of days. The kind of day that keeps the unforgiving ball of anxiety churning in my intestines. No need to go in to the details of why- I just say that to let you know I'm grateful. WHAT? Did I just say that? Yes... and I very nearly mean it.

I'm grateful that the details of today worked out just like they did. For starters, how is one supposed to appreciate the really great days if there aren't crappy days like today to allow them to shine? Secondly, my goal for the day was to spend some quality time with an older person. The funny thing is I thought I would be visiting a nursing home. Little did I know that "older" would really mean "older than me". I had a planned meeting after work with a new friend and what unfolded was nothing shy of... wait for it... meant to be. I was supposed to be there, talking to that friend and *that* moment. Herb is the new community pastor at City Church and he bestowed some much needed reminders upon me. So basic. So true. It had me thinking (or perhaps "ah-ha"ing) what huge wisdom I was being handed. Life is no more about my age than it is about my address. It plays a role, but not who I am. I am loved. Like... down deep. Perfectly.

What more could I need? Certainly not approval from people who (ultimately) don't matter. I'm not trying to be mean- just sharing the JOY that flooded over me when I had a small glimpse of not trying to be perfect and so darned liked all the time.

So, you know what? I like you... but its OK if you don't like me. So there.

ALSO... mom, dad and kris will appreciate this more because of the memories of me in a closet rocking (and more recently in a pantry with my bike helmet fastened)... I am intentionally sitting on my porch during a thunderstorm. BOOYAH. Thunder- come and get me. Wind- good luck. Lightening.... ok... you're still lightening. I got no beef.

peace.

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Yes, you are. Perfectly.

May the reality of Love settle into your bones and relax your weary muscles. Trying can cease in the face of resting.

You are beloved..