Sunday, August 30, 2009

30 to 30: Day 22, "Flying Fish"

Today was such a gorgeous day! We rode a ferry across the Puget Sound and wandered around Seattle. Stuart came and met the four of us for lunch at a great French bistro near Pike Place. The weather was SO beautiful...70 degrees and sunny. ahhhhh.

Here's the only bummer.

I didn't have the guts to catch the fish. You know? The dudes in the Market that toss huge fish around. I asked if I could try to catch it and he said, "sure- just go over there and I'll throw it to you." I made the mistake of saying, "I may not catch it but it will be fun to try" and he said, "then I will not throw it." Go figure.

So, today may be a wash. Its OK, though. I've covered enough ground to be alright with a day off.

Things I have gotten to see:
- The high school and house from "10 Things I hate About You"!!!!
- The pier from my favorite season of Real World!
- Mars Hill Graduate School
- A Free People store
- Gorgeous weather
- Fun friends
- Mt. Ranier (yes, I know I listed that after Real World... and no, I don't feel bad.
- The city of Seattle being SO gorgeous all lit up from the air


What a great trip! Time to head back to reality. So worth it!

(There's a big week coming up! A racquetball lesson, a pro photo shoot, etc. The birthday is approaching, friends. Can you dig it?) xo.

No comments: