Wednesday, August 26, 2009

30 to 30: Day 18, "Share the Road"

If you could see/smell me right now, you would know I've already (half) accomplished my goal for today. I have LONG wanted to bite the bullet and bike commute to work. I just never made myself.

Today I did!

It only took about 25 minutes and I almost enjoyed it! One revelation: there are like... so many hills.

So, I'm sweating at work.
I'm SO green and lessening my carbon footprint.
I'm feeling quite accomplished.
I'm sweating at work and it WON'T STOP.

:)

3 comments:

Trey said...

How many miles is it? I would consider biking to work, but I'm terrified of the traffic. Plus, I don't own a bike helmet.

Kelley said...

you know- i think it was only like 6 miles. Not bad at all! The traffic wasn't scary either. It seemed to be a lull b/w the 8 o'clockers and the 9 o'clockers.

helmet = necessary! :)

Trey said...

Looks like it would only be around 4 miles for me, but guess how eager I am to ride my bike on Wedgewood? Not. Not at all.