Sunday, August 23, 2009

30 to 30: Day 14, "How YOU doin?"

Yesterday's singular goal was to muster the nerve to initiate a conversation with a guy in a social setting. A stranger. A guy in a bar. ME.

Item I learned:
I AM BAD AT IT.

In fact, Chelsea even mentioned how surprised she was at my ability to have some game.

There we were. Seven girls huddled around watching me take the 32 steps over to an attractive gentlemen with the goal of successfully starting a convo and being done with the challenge. I froze. I couldn't do it. HOW DO guys do this all the time? Phew.

Bottom line: The challenge was completed. I ultimately had a conversation with two guys last night. I did not woo them, per se, but I sure did it.

and... I have a total appreciation for men. At least the kind of man I'm looking for. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope you wore something low-cut. PS-do you watch Mad Men?

Kelley said...

YES, i do! i was very peggy. well... except for the whole outcome and what not. ha!