Thursday, August 13, 2009

30 to 30: Day 4, "Fly Solo"

So, I just got home from attending my first show all by my lonesome and ... it was AWESOME!

Will this replace the moving pictures for guilty pleasure go-to?

It was a good time! I pranced up to Mercy Lounge a smooth 30 minutes early for two reasons. First, I had just eaten dinner with "the family" at Copper Kettle (holy mother, is that place good) after Jordy and Naters dominated a bike race at LP Field. (They were awesome!) I didn't know where else to kill a half an hour. Secondly, I wanted a good spot!

I settled in with my diet coke (boring... but I'm not drinking these days) at the bar. I found myself sending lots of text messages. Am I still in 7th grade in the cafeteria? Sheesh!

After a few moments, I saw a friend Kristin who I worked with at Provident. It was a fun catch up and then she left me to my 'project'. *sidenote* it is fun to have lived in Nashville long enough that I knew a couple peeps there even though I was aiming for the independent attendance award. :)

So, Tyler James started things off. He is great!! He rocked the heck out of a casio keyboard. I rather prefer his creative music and plan to invest in a bit of it. He was a nice surprise.

This is about the same time the couple (perched next to me at the bar) became overwhelmed with affection for one another. An awkward make out sesh began and I was forced to relocate. I don't mind sharing personal space, but seriously... My existance was interrupting them.

Diane Birch was a complete delight! I lucked out huge with this random ticket purchase. 30 to 30 seems a bit enchanted so far. :) Her live performance smacks of Carole King and I was mesmorized. The 2. 5 hours flew by and finally my tired legs gave in. I hit the road just shy of the end of her set but the fact remains- i DID it! I attended my first show alone and... dare I say...?

I would do it again.

No comments: