Thursday, August 13, 2009

30 to 30: Day 5, "Fascination... by way of Cakes"

You read that correctly.

Cakes.

I am fascinated by cake decorating! I *love* "Ace of Cakes" on TLC. I have vivid childhood memories of lingering a little too long by the sneeze glass at the Summerville Food Lion's bakery while the hair net clad woman applied rosettes to sheet cakes. I just plain love it!

I called up a local bakery and (after explaining why I wanted to come by), they conceded. I'm permitted to come watch two cakes get decorated today!! Here's hoping they're awesome like a Lego cake and not something lame like, "happy 50th wedding anniversary"... I KID! :)

Tales from the bakery after lunch!

UPDATE:
Cassie and the gang at "Sweet and Sassy" are the cutest! It was such a fun adventure! I have been offered a return visit- that's a no brainer. :)

No big deal- but I learned how to make a princess cake.

1 comment:

charlotte said...

i sure do LOVE you!!! i miss you too!