Thursday, April 16, 2009

P is for Pandora

Its been a really hard and sad week as friends have been grieving really devastating losses. I've just returned from Hunter's mom's funeral (which was a really beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman) and I find myself needing a distraction from all this reality. Wander with me into the mindless, will you?

Greek folklore has it that Pandora was the first woman and was fashioned by the other gods by each of them contributing their best gifts. Still, she opened a box of "all the evils of mankind" (perhaps out of curiosity) which is referred to as "Pandoras Box". So it leaves me wondering...

UH....Why did they name the lovely station after "her"? Am I missing the hidden evils of internet radio?

I am AN ADDICT of the delights Pandora.com has to offer! I try to stump it by typing in something like Britney Spears and STILL it knows what I really meant was Ashlee Simpson. Oh, pandora.
Then there's the day I need a little Amos Lee and it knows I could also benefit from some Bonnie Raitt. Don't *even* get me started on the Kenny Loggins days. Phil Collins? Yes, please.

Basically, if I were going to write a thank you note (in the form of a haiku, as I am known to do), it would go something like this:

sweet tunes in my ears
entertains my co-workers
job security

Salutations, friends.

4 comments:

Deborah Barnett said...

just brill.

Ashley said...

i'm better for your commitment to blog everyday!

Kim said...

I absolutely Love your writing! (I ditto Ashley and Deborah completely!!) ..so glad you took the blog-a-day challenge! Love you, friend.. praying for your dear ones and their losses! <3

Kim said...

so I was inspired by your haiku.. <3 http://kmgranchelli.blogspot.com/2009/04/inspired.html