Wednesday, April 1, 2009

B is for Babies, Bliss and Boys

I think I'm going to like this "blog every day" thing. I've chosen to ignore the throngs of new readers and continue to pretend no one reads this leetle blog. Ignorance is bliss, indeed.

Babies-
I am in a really fun stage of life. One filled with friends' babies!! Y'all.... the CUTEST babies are in my world. James (pronounced "Yah Maze") is almost a year old! I can't even talk about it. Peyton turned TWO last week! Haynes is getting older too quickly and Williams is already almost a month old. Where does time go? These babies make me happy! Not to mention Pete, Kate, Etta and Lucie. I'm trying to think of what age baby showers become more common than wedding showers. I think, for me, it was 27. I would say 26, but you may remember that is the year of 17 weddings. These baby children are precious! There's something magical about watching a bambino start life and learn everything. It is also the first time in life where I am getting to really know kiddos. Sure, I may have retired from babysitting (for the most part) but I say- bring on the visits with the babies! :)

Bliss-
I have had a few dozen "moments" in my life. Moments where I am doing EXACTLY what i want to be doing- EXACTLY when I want to be doing it. A bunch of those have happened in Charleston, so I'm excited to be back there for a weekend. Last night was one of those moments. Chancey, Nathan and I made dinner and sat on the porch. So simple- so lovely. We *may* or may not have gone to Bobbie's Dairy Dip for a tasty treat. While we were there, I saw the Downeys! Some amazing neighbors from up the road. They are too cute and it made the neighborhood feel small. I just plain love having a community and just living life together. What fun!

Boys-
No... this won't be as exciting as the title lead you to believe. Its because (in addish to "Friday Night Lights") a FAVE show is back on!! TBS' little treat "My Boys!" As I watch, I imagine how we'd be friends in real life. They say things I would say. They have mustache growing contests like my friends would do. They mock each other like we would. It gets me thinking about what a show of my life would look like. What would the name be? Would it mirror my imaginary book title, "Talking to Myself"?

Another day begins. This one will include a long road trip. The next installment will be from the glorious lowcountry. Buh bye!

5 comments:

Kim said...

YOU, my friend, are precious! I love your blog and the new ABC-daily posts!! ...exciting your get to visit sweet Charleston this weekend! (I may be heading that way next weekend!!)

..I guess that's all.. just wanted to say I adore you and love hearing/reading your words!! <3
Happy travels!
-kg

Deborah Barnett said...

Belley Birker you are a Brilliant, Bodacious, Boot-wearin', Bombshell, Bubbly, Beautiful, Bewitching, BFF Babe of a Belle.

Bebbie.

Kelley said...

BLOVE you, Beb.

The Armisteads said...

i love you so much, it hurts. seriously.

M♥LLY said...

You've got lots o' readers now! :) Great ABC idea!!