Friday, April 3, 2009

C is for Charleston!!


I know you wondered if I would make it. I DID! Sure, its way later than the normal morning post, but I'm on the road, so.... this is the best we can do, folks.

Charleston is MAGNIF! The air just smells better. Well, unless you're down wind of the Westvaco paper mill or the pluff mud that makes you wish you had no smelling abilities. Otherwise, it is wonderful. (Sidenote: the Kiawah Indians named Charleston the "Land of the Healing Breezes" way back when. I think they're right.) Seriously though... there is nothing like the old home town!

We got here (Nathan, Neal, Chelsea and I) just in time to check in for the Cooper River Bridge Run. In years past, the registration/packet pick-up was so uneventful. No line, minimal waiting, etc. This year.... different story. There was a line wrapping around the Gaillard Auditorium. People everywhere! 40,000 participants are expected to participate in this year's event. While I was in line, they capped it off. There were no less than 5,000 peeps milling around while we were navigating to find our participant bags. Nathan started to develop agorophobia so we had to leave. :)

After some driving around giving tours (from my old Carriage Tour Guide days), we grabbed some uh-mazing pizza and hit up a random party. Standard.

Off to get some sleep before the big ole race. Tomorrow will be some quality time at the beach as well as excessive photo taking, no doubt. A special twist of events has led to me getting to also spend time with my sis. Life is good!

Tomorrow = race, beach, kicking it downtown. There will, naturally, be a post tomorrow involving something amazing starting with the letter D. Be there or be square.

No comments: