Friday, December 7, 2007

Nice Face

Facebook.... oh what a lover.

As i sit here watching "An Affair to Remember", i have my laptop open and i am in a state of technological bliss. If you are as A.D.D. as I am, you get that theres a need to do to two things at once in order to really enjoy either.

It brings me to wax eloquent about my extreme love for a little thing called "Facebook". Now, you need to know that i was slow showing up to the party. I wasn't an easy sell. I thought, "great- a college version of Myspace" (which is basically the world wide equivalent of a summer night on the strip on Myrtle Beach... trashy.) Oh, the joy once i finally discovered the benefits lurking on the walls of my very own facebook. Here's why:

For starters, I am nosy. I prefer "interested" but hey... i'll own up to the truth. I LOVE being privy to people's lives. Even better is not having to outright ask them in person. Its so great. Secondly, where else can you get an announcement (or make one!) every time you start dating someone? Its like Facebook is the modern day Pony Express.... delivering news and information with speed. Another reason i am obsessed is pictures. I love me a good snapshot. Mostly, i love knowing what people look like from day to day. Makes me feel connected somehow. who cares if they've never technically added me as a friend, but, because we have mutual friends, i can see his/her dearest pictures and friends? Basically, Facebook is legal stalking with flair.

I don't know what has come over me. I have long appreciated the benefits, but have not been this adoring yet. If Facebook were indeed a lover, i would be shameless about being ready to take our relationship to the next level and engage in hand holding (what? i'm old fashioned and basically need romance training wheels...so?) and strategic kisses under the ever-present mistletoe. I'd be tempted to make a t-shirt declaring my love... nothing says love like shirts made with care from my printer and a warm iron.

Friends, let this be my Christmas card to you all this year:

Facebook and I have never been happier. Hope you and yours take time to enjoy the true value of the season- Love, the Books (Kelley and Face)

No comments: