Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Chrismahanakwanzaa to you and yours.

Happiest of Christmas' to you, friend.

I've just returned from a concert that lifted my spirits (that were drowned only by buckets and buckets of day-long rain... nothing major.) It was the (now) annual Neighborly Christmas with Drew and Ellie Holcomb. outstanding!

Let me start by saying that i love Christmas music. I still get excited when i hear "Baby Its Cold Outside"- it just makes me happy. Every year. Something in my heart stirs when I hear "Silent Night". Its right that my heart feel that way- it was made to. Only, this year, for some reason, I have not allowed myself to get all wound up by all the Christmas delights that i usually do. I haven't even realized until tonight. I needed this show and I LOVED it. It was a wonderful blend of old standards done with a jazzy flair paired with smooth worshipful ballads. I just can't say enough for the ridiculous talent found on that stage tonight. well done, friends. well done.

It helps that it was chilly and rainy all day- very cozy. It made me feel very ready to hunker down with Cam and Carol!

OH- i can hardly believe i didn't start with this!!! Thank you all for praying for my sweet Grandma! She had a great experience with the surgery- even wanted ice cream when it was done (do i favor my g'ma or what?!). She had a really mild procedure done to put in a pin- nothing as huge as anticipated. She also MIRACULOUSLY got to go home today- back to Hope House. No exaggeration, i hope the lovely people at Hope House get to travel to Heaven 1st class because they go out of their way to love the elderly well and with dignity. I love them for how they love her! She even gets to have PT there every week! it just worked out so well and we ALL know that's because the Father had it in mind. I'm so thankful!

I am headed to the dirty south in the morning! There promises to be excitement there for all of you to enjoy- i promise to deliver.

Merry!

1 comment:

Terrace Crawford said...

Cool blog! Found yours online today Kirker.

Merry Chrismahanakwanzaa to you too.

/T/