Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Customer Service?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know we agreed to always keep the language of this blog "rated g". I would like to let you know that this blog will be the hardest I have ever worked to keep my word on that front. Luckily i have cooled down a bit, so perhaps it will not be as hard as i anticipated.

Today i experienced one of the most bizarre "customer service" experiences of my life. Friends, if ever you have the opportunity in this life to do any sort of business with "House of Brides" - think again. Today i called to inquire about a cryptic email that seemed to be spam, but hey... this is a wedding we're talking about- gotta be sure. Well, when i called i was hung up on. When i called back the lady literally picked up the receiver and hung up before i could say hello. Just when i thought the kindergarten behavior couldn't get more bizarre, i had a conversation with the lovely customer service representative that incited this blog. Let me just tell you, it was shocking. It ended with me not knowing if my dress will actually get sent or not. wow. i have to admit, i will NOT understand if it doesn't.

Just at the point i thought i could hit something, i had a thought. Its just a dress. I can hardly believe how riled up i got over something that isn't life shattering in the large scheme of things. Imagine how ridiculous i would be if i experienced an actual injustice. Just think- people are experiencing the most heinous crimes against them and i am angry about a dress. its not flattering, folks. can we still be friends?


so, in an effort to not be only Debbie Downer tonight, i will add this funny thought... Ondontophia is the fear of teeth.

I think i am going to make some biscotti tomorrow. What holiday treats are you making?

2 comments:

Leslie McCaskey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie McCaskey said...

I linked your blog. I might make some peppermint bark. It's a tradition. Good times tonight. Thanks for the chat!