Tuesday, December 18, 2007

High and Low

I would like to let you know about something momentous.

I had a distinct high and low today.

Early this morning my precious grandma fell and broke her hip. She, miraculously, only needed a pin inserted into her brittle little hip instead of a total overhaul. Y'all- i can't even tell you how sad and scared this made me. She's my sweet grandma who, for the last decade, has been falling prey to a monster called dementia. My amazing parents have been there for every moment of chaos, rehabilitation, fits, and heartbreak. I am so honored to be their daughter. what lessons i have learned from them on how to love when it isn't easy. They will surely benefit from it one day, that's all i gotta say. There is good news- the surgery went well and mom and dad are taking turns keeping watch over my frail g-ma. Please pray for her recovery to go well- it looks promising.

The opposite side of the spectrum is that after a day of holding a really precious little infant baby girl, i went to meet my friend Leslie at Bosco's. She's coaching me on all things business and is making me quite savvy! So, while we were there, there was a beer on special that i was eager to try. it wasn't done brewing yet, so i got a ticket that put me in the running to tap the first keg of that brew. Well, friends, you now know a CELLARMAN! that's right! I won! i got to tap the keg and even won a free glass declaring my status as a member of the official cellarman club. I then got to sample the new brew. TELL me what could have made that a more memorable visit?

I'm a pretty big deal. if you want me to come tap your keg, call me.

No comments: