Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holiday Deliciousness vs. Me

I haven't done well at keeping you all updated on our family's "Biggest Loser" competish, now have I? Well, that's for good reason. Stealthy, poker faced, I -have-this-in-the-bag reasons.

At least that's what i hope. Let's evaluate, shall we?

Dad. He's my closest competition. Good news? he likes bad food just as much as me and has been eating it! Bad news? he thinks about weight loss and it just starts falling off like feathers on a molting bird.

mom. sweet mom is committed and consistent. she's just slow... my advantage.

Kris. Either she talks a really good game or she's not really giving it the "old college try". i must just intimidate her with my iron will.

chad. why is he even in this? oh yeah.. i made him. he had 3.5 pounds he had TO lose when we started. he's just being nice. like those "designated last finishers" in my triathlons. gotta love the people who are essentially competition kamikazes.

then there's me. I have been SO committed. i have passed up some of the most delicious treats our season has to offer. and dishes of candy. and pizza... mostly. and.... lots o' stuff. so, you would think i am shrinking like a flower? nah... my body hoards its fat reserves for the winter, i suppose. i will win this, though. i shall will it to be!

Just think how hard i will work to resist the following treats for our Christmas party:

- bacon wrapped (and Parmesan stuffed) dates. ooh la la. so amazing.
- cookies with snickers bars hidden inside
- bacon Swiss dip (i eat around the cheese... which leaves grease and bacon. yummie.)
- Hershey squares
- polish mistakes (which are basically meat and spices atop toast squares... out o' this world.)
- asparagus with wasabi dip
- pork loin
- pigs in blankets
- chocolate treats
- etc.

My mouth just started watering. great.

With the winning pot of money at stake, the only think i will savor shall be the sweet taste of victory!

2 comments:

Julia said...

How did I not know all this time that you had a blog? I have enjoyed reading the life and times of KLK. I have to tell you that your blog makes me smile, even laugh out loud sometimes :) I will be making future visits! (btw, I knew it was you)

Cameron said...

Hmmmmm . . . the feathers are about to fly in earnest! Time to "Man-Up"