Thursday, December 13, 2007

new voices

i wish i could attach the song i have been listening to over and over. You will just have to go to itunes and download. her name is sara barellis. She's on the commercial thats running right now- she's singing her song, "lovesong"- for the company Rhapsody. nevertheless, her sweet jam is very catchy with a tad bit o' kitschy to it. just can't stop listening.

Speaking of, i am in need of some new suggestions for music. I have had a fall season saturated with the Weepies, Gillian Welch, an Feist. I need to toss it up. I've ventured to Chris Brown, but i need to head back the direction of those delicious folk tunes i love so dearly. Any suggestions?

plus, i need to "cleanse my pallet" after downloading the free michael bolton song off of itunes.

yes- its come to that.

ps. This season has not been full of Christmas parties like in years past. I am grateful for any and all opportunities to attend a little party these days! tonight i went to a fabulous Christmas party at a Pete's house. It was White Russian party (that drink will always make me think of a really fun trip my mom, sister and aunt took to NYC a few years back... they're a hit with mama). pretty awesome. i like going to parties and meeting people instead of seeing the same people at every party- this was very much the case. it was a fun night!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Gillian Welch is good. I saw her with Nickel Creek a few years ago - talk about an awesome show!

Don't know if you are in a Praise & Worship, but I've been wearing out Christ For the Nations' Worship Collection 2. They have it streaming at Worship Music Radio for a little while: http://www.worshipmusicradio.com

Unknown said...

ok, so did you check out the joss stone song. i know, not so folky. nevertheless, it's one of those love at first song kinda songs. as for my folky suggestion, please tell me i'm too late and you've already been listening to ryan adam's easy tiger...it'll melt your face off fo' sho!

Kelley said...

thanks, friends.

yeah, t! haven't checked out el tigre yet... going. there. now.

wink!