Monday, December 3, 2007

Birds of a Feather

Kristin Leigh Kirker Rochester.

That's the name of my favorite human being. Sure... we shared a womb. sure... we had a secret language as bambinos. Sure... we wore clone clothing until we (ok I) was old enough to tear the matchy clothing from my body. [sidenote: i distinctly remember a family outing as a child in Columbia, SC where i was put into a conductor's over-all get up and was so incensed about it that i did whatever it would take to get out of it. from my carseat. i lost. it stayed on. But i remember it...mom, dad.... can i get an amen?] SURE, we have all that, but theres so much more!So, you already know she's my favorite but here are some things you may not know:

- we live by the saying, "uteros before bros"
- she boldly moved to Chicago alone to pursue a dream (sure, it was months after i moved to Nash to be near her.... details)
- she is a wildly talented hair stylist and i am the luckiest girl ever to have a hair-doin sister
- she would do absolutely anything for the ones she loves. anything.
- if you're sad- she cries. happy? laughs. she's so empathetic. makes life richer, i assure you.
- she can quote every word of White Christmas (with me).
- she buys such thoughtful gifts that you almost treasure the thought most! Just ask me about the brown ruffle jacket.
- she finishes a lot of statements like this, "it makes chad happy" and it isn't obnoxious. its is so lovely... she sure loves that man. with good reason.
- Her degree is in Business and she's very savvy.
- Her laugh... you just have to laugh right back when you hear it. i dare you not to.
- she is so infinitely cooler than me that there isn't room to list all the ways.

Bottom line: tonight i am sitting here at a Bongo Java, moments away from my monthly babysitting gig at City Church, and I am wishing my sister was with me. She makes everything fun. She's coming here in just days! She and Chad are braving Interstate 40 for our Christmas Party and i am SO excited. We share everything, so I thought you should know.

adieu.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

proof of some "good stuff" happening in your lives... you both are the sunshine in our lives. sorry, didn't know the scarring which occurred due to the cover-alls. next time we raise you we'll nix the togs which upset.