Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolute

So... after a slight hiatus, i am back. that's right- and ready to roll with my yearly resolutions. I suppose it should be mentioned that my college friends and i annually make lists of goals for the year, so i tend to view New Years as a secondary priority. nevertheless, i am down for making some resolutions. I mean... who doesn't love a clean slate from which to operate?!

My idea is to set goals i find complete pleasure in meeting... thus- pressures off! you should know that i have freed myself up from my previous goal of finishing an Ironman before the age of 30. I mean... i suppose it could still happen, but i needed to free up. in the last three years i have finished 7 tri's: 6 sprints and one of them being a full length beast. i need to celebrate that and free myself up for doing something different that i enjoy. when you're this A.D.D., you gotta toss it up! So, where was i? oh yes- resolutions!

In the theme of fun goals, one is to see more movies. i stole this from Sarah June. it seemed wonderful to me. I secretly love a good matinee by my lonesome... perhaps this is my year to make that a habit.

Secondly, i said i would like to kiss more. OK, OK.... thats silly and a tad (OK, totally) self serving, but who doesn't get excited about fulfilling it?? i digress..

thirdly, i made the annual weight loss commitment. this year i want a Britney body.... pre-baby of course! i am all about taking advantage of time and money to control myself. this is my year!

lastly and not least, i have resolved to blog regularly! this goes beyond serving the masses and touches on my need to document my life. so... here's to you!

So, friend... what are yours?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

seeing that i'm currently sporting the VMA Britney body...i am right there with you in regards to getting in the best shape of my life.

i like how you revise and set attainable goals. i think i might steal your movie matinee idea. did it a couple times this past year and loved it! maybe you could meet someone at the movies and fulfill your kissing goal, too. two birds with one stone...

on a more serious note, one of my major goals this year is to practice the Japanese art of wabi sabi. that means "finding joy and beauty in the imperfect, incomplete, impermanent." as a perfectionist, i want to resign myself more to finding more joy in the journey than the end result. life seems so much more adventurous when it isn't all planned, right?!

GJ said...

...to get knocked up.