Thursday, January 17, 2008

Howdy

besides being a traditional country greeting, it is also the name of our house guest this weekend. Howdy is a fabulous lab... you will instantly love him.

my roomates will be first to tell you that i am anti-dog on lauderdale. Not because i don't think they're great, because i do. I also love 4 legged walking buddies. Further more, i love Bennett, coco's dog. see? i'm a dog liker. i just never had one growing up, so i don't "go with the flow" like normal people. I mean- i still get annoyed if one goes to the bathroom in the house, chews up a shoe, etc. I also enjoy my freedom as it were. Making sure to go home to let the dog out is not on my radar for a decade or so.

ALL that said, i would like to tell you that Howdy is a delight! having a dog visit is the answer! he's so cute!

Here's a video of Matt's labors to get sweet Howdy to play dead. he just couldn't stop wagging that tail! it cracked me up! Better still is the other video i will add of Howdy "singing" while matt plays the harmonica!

so talented!


so, here's to you, howdy! you're always welcome for a visit!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you should get a dog.

freshie (and zero) said...

don't do it. dogs are like children - you can't leave the house for more than a few hours without having to arrange food, water, bathroom break, etc. no thanks!

Unknown said...

i wouldn't go so far as to compare dogs to children. no tuition to pay, unconditional love (they don't throw tantrums when you don't buy them a toy), and they don't run your life (you can leave an adult dog alone for 8 hours).
i wouldn't trade my dog for anything (even some of my friends!). nothing is better than coming home from a crazy-ass day only to have your biggest fan waiting for you at the door. if your ready for the financial/time commitment, i say go for it!

Kelley said...

Friends- thank you for the feedback! i do enjoy the four-legged among us. one day i will have a dog, but i imagine it will be right around the same time i am picking out fabric swatches for my mansion. :)

i'm too selfish with my time for now.

cheers!