Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

I think it is going to be difficult to blog on the weekends- ordinarily, i just get all caught up in the excitements!

Let me give y'all a play by play of a mundane kirker weekend. In order to make much of what was your average weekend, i will detail it for you here. i know... you're welcome.

It felt like the weekend started on Thursday because we had company. Matt showed up with Howdy (see previous post). He and Anna attended a recognition dinner for Northwestern Mutual. I am told that at one point, leslie dropped a wine glass and Matt (with perfect timing) yelled, "Mazel Tov". Let that be a lesson to you. Matt is good people. he just needs to move here already... k, matt?

Friday brought the excitement of starting my house sitting gig for the weekend. My job has been to care for two large and lovable labs, one sprightly cat, and one amazing home. I got to have lunch with Beth at Marche'. it was lovely! After a few hours of attic organizing for Charlotte, my evening was feeling like it would need to be low key. it involved Sarah, a bottle of wine, and an episode or three of "What Not to Wear"... exactly what i was in the mood for.

Saturday found me waking up to "the boys" ready to go out! After a couple episodes of "Rob and Big" (side note: if you have not availed yourself of this show- YOU MUST! it is the dark horse of MTV series. i know- that's not saying much. suffice it to say- hilarity, thy name is Rob and Big. i have two words for you... mini horse.), i was on my way to organize for Renee. After some really satisfying hours of organizing, I headed to Joanna's to get SCHOOLED at Wii. I had some shocking lack of skills, friends. now- i am not a complete screw up. I have some accomplishments in my life for which i take joy in. Wii is not one of them. I am a tad "Wii-tarded". Guitar Hero is something i will need to just admire from afar. i. was. terrible. Jo is a freakin rock star at all things wii. I did make one home run on baseball, though! holler! After Wii University, i went to Laudy to see my roomies and friends. There was a bunch of laughter, a dramatic read aloud or two and such. I finished up the evening with some dog time.

Sunday brought a morning of training. I got my run on. it was COLD but these legs gotta get ready for the half marathon at the beginning of March!! I re-watched "Saved" and laughed while i drifted off to a little snooze before church (ironically, i s'pose.) Craig spoke about Jacob again and it was great. Finished up the evening with potato soup and beer at Molly's. Don't think we missed the opportunity to dance to some JT in the dining room just because we could.

Bottom line- not every moment is going to be riveting, but Lord knows they'll always be a story to tell. that's how i roll. i roll for you.

adieu for now.

I hope you each take a moment, as i plan to, to honor the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. tomorrow. Feel free to share any comments regarding your appreciation of his heroics...

1 comment:

Deborah Barnett said...

I myself have been pondering Dr. King's sacrifices and achievements. I wrote here about it: http://mzunguinmaking.blogspot.com/

You are always a fun read - may I add you to my list of favs? Love the Kirker Girl. -Deb