Monday, January 14, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

Karen Carpenter said it best... "rainy days and Mondays always get me down". I can't even tell you why. strange, huh?

I constantly learn things about myself. One of them being this: i am results/rewards driven. There's gotta be a carrot on the end of a string to get this girl excited. Now, it could be something like, "if you study hard for this exam, you'll pass college" or "run consistently and you'll finish with a respectable time for that half marathon", etc. It could also be something vague or completely trivial. For example, most days i wake up excited because i have found one fun thing to look forward to. When i was 9 it would be for something really important like my brand new, white, canvas Keds. These days it is probably something like a fun/random evening planned with friends or the opportunity to take a nap later in the day.

Today i woke up with no "exciting" prospects. I had a strange morning of dreaming (because that's when it all really happens, right?!) and awoke to find myself already a little late. I rushed and got to work in time to sit around all day. I enjoy the way i am making ends meet these days, but my passion is organizing. I want to be doing that all day every day. Alas- i must wait until it becomes lucrative enough to not have any safety nets. While i did get to, ultimately, go hear some fun music at Mercy Lounge (Justin's girlfriend Cristi and her friend Mandy threw down some good tunes!), it was still just a... monday.

Here are some things that are true:
- i have an amazing life. i've no room to complain about, well, anything.
- i have a wonderful group o' friends/sissers in Nashville. again... so blessed.
- sometimes i turn into Debbie Downer for a few hours. deal.

On a totally different note, if you consider yourself a praying person, feel free to do so for Cam and Carol. My sweet parents are at something of a crossroads. More on that later. thanks.

cheers.

No comments: