Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life (as seen through my camera)

Hi.

I had a fun weekend. MOST of it was not captured by my camera. (I have to carry a little purse, ok? Sometimes fashion means pain. Your pain.)

I did, however, capture some shots of a concert I took in Sunday night. My friend Duane and I went to hear Jonatha Brooke (and her magical songwriting/singing abilities). She did not disappoint, y'all. I taped her singing my favorite song of hers ("Because I Told You So" and as soon as its uploaded on YouTube, you'll be the first to know.)


Next, I wish I had captured a picture of the smoothie that Hilda brought me yesterday afternoon. You see, I was having what doctors refer to as a "major freak out" about the MRI I had to have done. It wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't been assured of an open MRI (read... open. NOT a cave). Well, you guessed it. I had to have the real deal. The cave. The CLAUSTRO-chamber. I lived. But that was only due to some seeeerious prayers from Cam, Carol and my friends... and that smoothie. More on what the MRI shows (with regards to my eye ball/health, etc. later. I don't know yet, ok?? ;)

So, once the procedure, and the rest of my work day, were over (can I use that many commas?), I headed to Costco. Obviously. En route, I saw this:
It is always a surprise to me how gorgeous the sunsets are here! Lovely.

Also, don't be jeal of my Costco purchases... GONE are the days of buying 3 pounds of "granola" that is really oatmeal cookies.
That's right. Mango!! I'm trying out my schmancy new dehydrator tonight! Can't wait.

love love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got a blog shout out. my month, maybe even my year, is now complete!

Kelley said...

duh! story ain't complete with you! I can't believe I forgot to mention the hipsters blocking our view! :)

Anonymous said...

and they werent even real hipsters. they were older, still attempting to cling to some kind of coolness, wanna-be hipsters.