Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Full Disclosure

I'm gonna let you in on what has been eating up my mental and emotional energy lately.

My eye weirdness is back. Optic Neuritis.

Its scary that it is recurring as that can mean auto-immune issues. I'm not going there yet.

My doctor has confidence that my symptoms (and who knows... my looming condition) with a diet rich with anti-inflammatory foods. Read: you're about to see me with a mouthful of blueberries from now on.

I'll be honest. It scares me to not be in control. That's really what it comes down to. When did I start to think I was in control? I can be foolish like that. Control freaks don't yield well.

My church gathered around me last night as did my friends (and family by proxy) to love on me and pray for me. I'm a blessed girl, y'all.

So, now I do the next thing (as Sarah June taught me.) That means eating lots of leafy greens, NOT referring to overly-informational WebMD articles, and trusting I am loved and cared for in a perfect way. Who knows what the future will look like. Follow-up appointments to follow. I'll keep you posted.

I know one thing... I'll be eating a vegetable next time you see me.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Love you.

catty said...

Aww this Catherine loves you too! If you need nutrition help I'm your girl.

steal magnolias said...

can we eat blue berries together.

chris said...

I love you too. I'll be praying for you from Denver. I've also recently begun to enjoy blueberries as some kindly donor keeps sending them to the mission and, by extension, my plate.

Karin said...

Praying for you, friend!

CPThompson said...

kel bel, love you very much. i have given up googling health symptoms/conditions... it has helped reduce some stress for me. keep me posted. xoxoxo

Chelsea Lesniewski said...

i just love you kelley kirker. let's eat hummus and carrots tonight ok? :)

Mark and Rachel said...

Hey Kel. So sorry to hear this has returned. I eat blueberries pretty much every morning. Delish! Will think of you as I eat them. Will be praying for you. Love you and miss you! B :)

Kelley said...

Y'all know how to make a girl feel quite loved- thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I got in to see the Neuro Opthomologist (eye ball whisperer) on Monday the 15th, so I will keep you posted.

love,
k