Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Carol: the Vacay Prep Edition

mom: We're bringing the birds with us to the beach (parakeets that have always been a part of the Kirker Family)
me: mom... that's so weird. Please don't. For three days??
mom: Well, the oldest is having some congestive heart failure, I think.
me: That's a good reason not to bring them.
mom: Well, we brought them when we came for the wedding (in 2007 when we stayed at the same house for Kris and Chad's wedding)
me: You did?!
mom: they weren't at the church, but they came.

uh.... OBVIOUSLY. I couldn't stop laughing b/c I kept envisioning parakeets in tuxedos.

I prefer Carol a little nuts.

7 comments:

Emilie said...

I think it might have been in the church rental contract that they couldn't bring them to the church. :-) I totally stalk your blog because I fell in love with the Kirker family during all the wedding planning.

Kelley said...

Emilie- we fell in love with YOU!!

ps. thank goodness they weren't allowed in.. you know Carol at least considered it. ;)

k

Jackie said...

Okay, that made me laugh out loud. I love the Carol blogs the best, I think. Sometimes I laugh so hard I snort! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE her.

Heidi said...

okay, that was me--heidi. not sure why this is anonymous!

JC said...

Jason begged for a pet bird and John and Jane got him a parakeet which he named Birdly. I know, right?

Jason loved Birdly for the first 6 hours he was in our home and my dad sustained him for the remaining 3 or 4 years of his life. Then one fateful morning when John left the door open on B's cage and he and Chitty (I know, okay?) were roll-playing Sylvester and Tweetie--Chitty had a snack, blue feathers in his Cheshire grin, and all. True story.

Kelley said...

NO WAY!!!! That is hysterical!

For Chitty. Not birdly...may he rest.

The Cochrans are naming the next Kirker family pet. The end.