Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Up n At Em

There's just something about starting the day with a workout. It sets the tone for the day!

It hurt to wake up at 6:30a but I tell you what... It was made easier by the fact I fell SOUND asleep on the couch at 9:30 last night. Smack in the middle of the DVR'd episode of Lost. More on that in a minute.

I actually woke up completely on my own at 5:40a this morning. I decided I was not interested in actually getting up then and I so wish I had! My alarm went off at 6:30 and scared me to death. I, of course, managed to rock another little sleep pattern and was worthless because of it. Next time... it is on! I'll wake up every roommate if I have to. Just to have someone to chat with before the YMCA. I wonder how that will go over.

Anyhow, I got to the gym, worked it on out (upper body weight-lifting style), got home and made breakfast all before 8am. I took a pic of my breakfast because it looked so pretty! Yes, that's an egg over easy (or something?? All I know is that it has a runny yolk... which I LOVE), toasted Ezekiel bread and a nectarine.

Why don't I do this more often? I think I shall. Eating leftovers from dinner for breakfast is for the birds. This breakfast was the perfect way to finish watching LOST! I seriously think it was better than the season premiere. One word... CLAIRE! Y'all. We need to talk if you are a Lost follower like me.

On a different note, I'm headed to the John Mayer show after work and could not be more excited!! Chelsea and I are volunteering with "HeadCount" today... getting folks registered to vote. Thus- we get to rock out for free! I'm way too excited about hearing Johnny play those tunes live for the first time since seeing them on Daniel Island in 2004! I rather enjoy "Battle Studies" because I enjoy whatever he pens. It is deeply dark and sad but, ironically, set to his most upbeat rhythms yet. "Half of My Heart" and "Who Says" are some of the saddest material out there...yet both down right chipper. I think I hummed along without really listening the first few times. It seems he's trying to be a creative contradiction and. like most of his efforts, it is working.

I can't help myself. I will always be a true blue John lovah.

(sidenote: how sad am I to miss seeing my most guilty pleasure band?? BLACK EYED PEAS are playing Friday at the Sommet Center and I'll be out of town... having more fun... but still. Love me some BEP!)

Have a great day, friends! Hope your Wednesday is also awesome!

xo

No comments: