Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh what a night.

WHAT a show! John brought his A-game last night, friends.

There are a few reasons for it.

1. He played the best set list... which included my not-oft-played favorite song "Comfortable" and the most lovely blend of new and old tunes. It is rare to go to a show where I know every single song he could possibly play. Well, save the covers he rocks out. (Which included some Fleetwood stanzas, no less.) A total delight.

2. Working the Headcount booth was a total blast! Celia, Paula and Yancey are the salt of the earth and we just plan had a riot. Got some folks registered to vote, raised some money for Haiti and cornered tweens left and right to talk to us.

**Multiple times, I heard myself sounding like Carol when I said things like, "I just want to hug that little girl and give her a whole dress to wear instead of what she's got on"**

3. John had a bad day yesterday. He did a raunchy interview that exposed him as a total idiot and, just so happened, to surface yesterday... hours before the show. He made, what seemed like, a humble and emotional apology. It was on the heels of one of my favorite songs, so I just happened to be filming it. Once I figure out how to edit/shrink the file, I will upload it for you. He seems to want to be less plugged in to media and spend more time just playing his guitar.

All in all, an epic evening that was shamelessly enjoyed by Chelsea and me fist-pumping in the nosebleeds. We just happened to park it a few rows above Coco and Jimmy. There were approximately 42 text messages exchanged through the evening and, we all know, that means a good time. 

Stay tuned. 
xo

1 comment:

CLS said...

yay! I wanted to follow you regardless of my star appearance on this here bloggy - what a surprise! we enjoyed having you so much, too, love. there should be more free nosebleeds (or closer) in your and Chelsea's futures!