Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the Air!

I am just a sucker for Valentines Day! I have always loved it. I can't help myself!

There's a tradition among my friends in Nashville and that is a cabin getaway. It was nearly thwarted this year. The snow (that will NOT QUIT IT, ALREADY) threatened to keep us grounded. (Though, I'm fairly sure we would have just congregated at someone's house in Nashville if push had come to shove.) Fortunately, we didn't have to. Sara's family graciously let us take over their house on Pickwick Lake in Mississippi.

Y'all.

This house was RIDICULOUS.

The very idea that it ended up being our "Plan B" is nothing but humorous.

I was too busy having the time of my life to snap as many pictures as I could have. But here are some:
We sat around and enjoyed every meal together, hiked, had jam sessions (ridiculously talented musicians with us = amazing ear bliss), and danced the night away twice at the local bar where we tripled the population by showing up 15 deep. A wonderful time was had by all and I only wish we were going back next weekend.

THANK YOU, DAILEY FAMILY (who made all of our vacation dreams come true) and Sara (who took such good care of us all weekend!)

Happy (late) Valentine's Day! I wish you puppies, cut-out hearts, and excessive sugar intake.

xo,
Kelley

ps. you'll get a visual of the card dad sent me later on. A picture is the only thing that will do it justice.

No comments: