Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ah, snap!

Y'all are the sweetest.

Thanks for participating in my life, friends!

My little heart wells up inside me when I see Cambridge, Wexford, Waco, Tupelo and Akron. MOSTLY because I have no idea who you are and it makes me giddy. :)

In other news, one of my faves was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Picture"!!!!

SO exciting when a heartwarming film gets a nod! Sure, "Precious" was probably brilliant... I just can't bring myself to watch it...yet. I will. "Inglorious Basterds" was supposedly amazing.... I just couldn't make it past the first ten minutes. And I wish I'd skipped that! Call me a lightweight. JUST fine with me. I will always think Quentin Tarantino is a whack job. I do still want to see "Hurt Locker" as it was nominated and sounds riveting. Anyone see that?

So, here's to Oscar season and to the big guns... just sometimes... getting it right.

5 comments:

HANNA {the contented soul} said...

Hi there! I've been checking out your blog now and again, and thought I'd comment on this one. My husband and I watched the The Hurt Locker last week and we liked it. It's just very "heavy" and there are a couple moments where it is a bit gory. I hate that stuff too...but I made it through this one. My husband watched all of the Inglorious Bastards the other day and I caught the end when I came home... EWWW! No thank you! I agree...Quintin is a freakazoid!

Kelley said...

Hanna!!! Girl, i hear you. I almost never turn off a movie out of sheer disgust. But I had to. I felt the tears of injustice (or something) coming on!

I'll let you know how I like the Hurt Locker!

Fun to connect with you again! :)

speakin.my.language said...

You're breaking my heart. I liked Blindside better when it was called Rudy/Remember the Titans/Miracle/Motivational sports movie. And let it be known that Michael Oher publicly refuses to watch the movie. ;) Oh yea. You broke my heart because my heart belongs to Tarantino.

speakin.my.language said...

Oh but you definitely spoke my mind about Precious. It probably is tight. But I just can't pull the trigger on watching it. There is always something I want to watch more.

Kelley said...

oh stephen....sorry for the heartbreak. I have tried SO many times to think of him as a creative genius but I always end up weirded out.

I would so love to jump in the Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction parade, but seriously... I am not wired for quentin.

so... HOW IS IT??? i'm going to catch up on your trip on your blog now. b.t. dubs- did you send me a letter and I missed it, mister?
:)
k