Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sucker for a Challenge.

So, you already know I love a challenge.

Like giving up alcohol for the whole of 2010.
Like Hula Hooping a half marathon.
Like playing softball in high school (ignoring my lack of depth perception and athleticism.)
Like committing to ride 115 miles on my bike in October for "Jack and Back"

well, I have another, y'all.

Its not as defined but equally satisfying.

I am only going to try and only watch 7 hours of tv a week.

I KNOW.

I say "try" because I won't be Stalin about it. I just want to get more and more in to reading and my recent tv/movie watching pension (i use "recent" VERY loosely) has squashed out reading in general. I now have a book to finish for a book club next month and need to get to it! I am a slow reader, so I need to get started.

The lack of cable and DVR helps this considerably, I'll be honest. Otherwise, how would I refrain from
watching stuff like this on the Dish!

Feel free to interrupt me if you see me looking far-too-cool reading at a local coffee shop. Chances are, I'm reading the same sentence over and over.

xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it! enjoy looking way too cool reading at the coffee shop :)
btw...is there a blog entry about the hula hoop marathon?!

Kelley said...

yes! Here it is: http://orderly-conduct.blogspot.com/2010/04/update.html

I feel sure there could be others from training but that one has pix. There are some on fb too. :)

love, k