Friday, July 2, 2010

Settled.

I finally feel like, even if not one more thing got hung on the walls, I am settled in this home. (video update to come soon. Just a li'l sweeping and picking up necessary. That's how I roll.)

WHAT a great feeling! Mom and Dad have absolutely spoiled me rotten by hanging pictures, mirrors, decor, and drapes. Buying cleaning supplies... USING cleaning supplies. I even got a vacuum! (i have never written vacuum before. Woulda guessed 2 c's and 1 u, but I'd be wrong... obv.)

I am loving life! Clean air (thanks to the air purifiers!), filed papers (I love it, OK?), functional internet (more on that in a sec)... Its all coming together so nicely.

Everything was great until the neighbor came over today and (without introducing himself until I forced him to) told me to stop parking in his yard. Sidenote: who knew my driveway is his yard? Whatev. He didn't make the best first impresh, but I'm gonna win him over. You just wait. Good thing Laura and Seth seem cool. They're on the other side and I will win them over by babysitting. (It doesn't take a therapist to see I am the kind of girl who *needs* to be liked. Or at least not hated... for parking in someone's yard. I digress.)

THE CABLE GUY.
Y'all. That dude showed up completely annoyed that he had to do his job. I mean, I get that no one wants to be drilling under a house in the heat of the afternoon sun.... but is that my fault? I am paying good money and had no way of knowing my house wasn't "ready" for internet or "an ideal situation". I just waved my benjamins and got work done. (right.)

Did I bat my eyelashes and get free help setting up my wireless? duh.
Did I win him over so much that he didn't leave before showing me pictures of his grand babies? duh.
Did he say I was nice but a little high strung? double duh.

Mish accomplished. I am now the proud owner of channels 2-20 (excluding ESPN and CNN) and bargain basement internet. But seriously- I win. Comcast, do you hear that? I WIN. Its cheap. It will encourage me to read... and its cheap!

In summary, I would like to say that this evening was magical. Dinner at Mafi's with Will, Kelly, Sarah Mac, Meg, Tim, Mom and Dad was fabulous. Let's face it, I just whipped up a batch of "Creme Brulee' French Toast" (because it has to sit for 8 hours) and I'm ti-red. I'm about to swan dive in to my cozy bed and hope that my "black out" curtains don't let me sleep til 2.

holler.

1 comment:

Rebecca M. said...

hilar! that's all. love ya!