Friday, July 16, 2010

Delight!

I don't know what is more fun than waking up, getting to work (in my favorite skirt, no less), and logging on to my computer... ONLY to find that dearest Annie has written a ridiculously kind post about ME!

I can't stop smiling. :)

Also, last night, I had dinner with my friend Sarah (wherein I made a pasta dish including pulled chicken, cherry tomatoes, asparagus and pesto- YUM!). We giggled and told stories and just had a blast. SPEAKING of stories.... this one has to be told.

Behold: Air Jeff. (my comments in red... cuz I can. Cuz its my blog.)

Sarah told me of a friend of hers who met and dated a man they referred to as "Air Jeff". Air Jeff was (is, i presume) a professional skydiver. (who knew that was a profession?) One evening, Air Jeff picked up her friend and proceeded to tell her about his pet hawk. (in fairness, Sarah confused it for an EAGLE and I started to convulse with laughter. I just kept imagining... where must one live in order to have a pet eagle??) The best part? The hawk's name is LeroyCarter.Com. (You can't make this up) So, he offers her a visit with his pet hawk. In the car. (!!!!) So, Sarah's friend, of course, starts to wonder how the eagle hawk LeroyCarter.com gets fed. He happily offered that he sometimes freezes... meat... for LeroyCarter.Com. He said sometimes he has to get resourceful and pick up fresh roadkill. (.....) so he keeps a plastic bag in his car!

Y'all.

OBviously, things didn't work out for our main characters. (shocker). THE BEST part of this story? Sarah, totally genuinely, said, "things probably would have worked out if he had a pet penguin."

I started flipping out laughing and immediately grabbed a piece of paper so as to not forget to tell you.
Like Bryan says, "Everything I do. I do it for you".

5 comments:

Jackie said...

OMG. There are not words! I was laughing so hard, I was trying not to be too loud at work, but there were tears streaming down my face! It just got funnier and funnier! Totally what I needed on this Friday!

Kelley said...

Jackie- you crack me up!! We kirkers live only to give you a good laugh. ;)

Jackie said...

I have read it 3 times, now. It's just as funny every single time! :-) You are a great story teller, Love!

candace said...

this is one of the funniest stories i've heard.

Kirsten said...

Okay so this about Air Jeff is so funny. So funny because I have a friend WHO DATED THE SAME GUY. Yeah. She found him on match.com. Or maybe eharmony. Either way, it MUST be the same guy, because he was a skydiver and had a falcon.

What are the odds??