Monday, July 19, 2010

mind. blown.

This weekend has sufficiently blown my mind- hence my clever title.

But, for real... it. is. blown.

Let's start with having some of my favorites arrive on Saturday (Boe, Dana, Adrienne, Chelsea and other assorted guests) to celebrate one Gregory Fenske and his bride Emily as they made things legal. It was, by far, the most swank event I've ever been to in Nashville and maybe ever. The finest of everything. Made me wish I was sipping some bubbly (because I'm still sticking to my year long hiatus from the fruits of the vine, I'll have you know. I'm kind of surprised myself, really.)

So, after a gorgeous wedding at Covenant Presbyterian, we made our way to War Memorial Auditorium. Having been a few times for shows, I did not know what to expect. It is such a cool building but nothing I would ever have expected for a fancy event. I sat in a folding chair on the main floor for Ray Lamontagne, come to think of it. You will just have to take my word for it- UNBELIEVABLE. Those event coordinators worked some magic and turned that place upside down making it in to a wedding wonderland. Forget that I thought the cocktail hour was the actual reception- it was that cool. As they ushered us in to the building I think I gasped. No joke. Maybe it was because I eyed a sushi station. There's really no telling.

The one thing I do know is that I am still kicking myself for leaving my purse at home. Had I brought it, I may have a picture to show you from the blessed event (or at the very least the dance floor), an ID to get in to the Roberts after party or a spare pair of flip flops to revive my aching feet. (which, for the rec, were hurting so badly that they were stinging. I thought they may explode with each step.) Instead, I have only the memories, pajamas and watching "Shag" with Dana instead of Roberts, and feet that had to be in an ice bath.

All things said and done, it was so lovely that I just keep thinking about it all day today.

AS IF that weren't enough, I saw Inception tonight!!!!! whoa. It was a doozie. It is important that you know I am probably the only person in Nashville who couldn't have come up with the name Christopher Nolan without googling him first. I also had no idea this movie existed or was coming to theaters this weekend. The way I heard about it? Watching Joseph Gordon Levitt on Jimmy Fallon last week. The reason I saw the interview? Because I only get local network stations on my tv now. You can imagine that I had no idea what I was getting in to. I only knew that I wanted to not miss the hype like I did the whole Avatar craze... and the clip they showed was outstanding.

I will share specific thoughts once you've all had a chance to see it. (Really, I'm just tired and don't want to keep typing). Go ahead and assume enlightenment... I am cooler that way.

Watching it was similar to watching the Matrix the first time- in its own realm. I think I could take a course on "Inception" and still have questions. I think my brain is still in shock. The strangest part of the whole evening took place in the parking garage, though. On the way in, I noticed two girls holding shopping bags. They were noticeable because I almost never see people standing where they were standing. Not near cars, per se. Definitely not near stores. Just.... the entrance to the parking garage. Well, three hours later, I would absolutely swear they had not moved an inch. That would not be a big deal... except that I had just left a movie that left my brain sore (and questioning reality*) and they seemed like they couldn't have moved an inch. But why wouldn't they find a place to sit down or put down their bags or something?! I ignored it, deciding I was nuts. UNTIL Chris called me and said, "so... I may be crazy but there were these two girls.." and I started freaking out a little.

Lessons learned:
1. I shouldn't be allowed to see brilliant movies on a school night.
2. My totem would be a yo yo.**
3. Everyone who endured the 83 degree temperature inside our theater should have gotten free popcorn.
4. I am ridiculous.***
5. I will see this movie again.

My mind is satisfied. ROCKED but satisfied. Another work week begins in the morning and I need to get my act together. Think I'll wake up and work out? Yeah, me neither but we'll see.

xo,
kk

*not really, c'mon. But... maybe? I don't know. Perhaps. Not really. What?
**you must see this movie.
*** not new but always note worthy.

1 comment:

Boe said...

YESS!!! THIS WEEKEND WAS PHENOM!!! MISS YOU ALREADY LOVIE!!!