Sunday, January 24, 2010

a weekend in pictures.

Friday Night, I went to see Hannah's new house on the East side... appropriately dubbed, "The Blantation", as she will soon be a Blanton. John and Hannah are the best. As you can see below, I also happened upon her childhood picture taken with her sister. Yes, it IS highlighting their collection of trolls. Remember those? It was just too good to pass up. :)

Saturday morning, I got my hoop walk on with Kelly and Mary Claire. Nearly 4 miles later, I found my biggest issue is how to avoid really sore shoulders! The arms... they can't rest by my side. They can't rest above my head because I have to balance. They just... linger. And I have an amazing amount of Ibuprofen pumping through my veins to show for it.

Saturday afternoon, I met up with Leslie, Whitney and Abby for some pedis. What is more luxurious than that, I ask you? I fell asleep in the chair for the first time.

After a quick nap to recoop from my hooping, I went and met up with Coco at a mexican joint. She was enjoying a lovely marg here. I enjoyed a Diet Coke. She wins. Claire met us just shortly after I took the pic... wish I had gotten all three of us. (ps. what a hottie! That's a mother of two, people...) Love the haircut, shoog.

Last, but certainly not least, is the GREAT find I had today at Southeastern Salvage. I have long been snooping for a tall table and lamp combo for beside my bed. Convinced that this is all I need to actually begin reading again. (and by reading, I mostly mean to stop *only* watching TV. Baby steps.)

Today was the day, friends. Here is a pic of my bed and new table/lamp. The camera setting for this little number is "candlelight" and I daresay it is magnif.


I'm tickled pink with my purch (thanks to help from Sarah June and picture texting) and can hardly wait to snuggle in for bed tonight and read a bit of "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer. That is.. until "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy arrives.

Tonight, in lieu of church, I'll be attending the "Civil Wars" show at 3rd and Lindsley with Anna. I can hardly wait!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yesterday in airport security we were behind some competitive hula hoopers. at least, i assume that's why someone would get on a plane with multiple hula hoop special-packed in a velour case. will you please do that one day?

Kelley said...

obviously, i will.

i'm halfway there already as I usually have one in the car.

oh gosh...

holly said...

South of Broad!! Kelley, you are going to just die loving it. It's making me want to drop of out school and move to Charleston tomorrow. If only I didn't think a college education was important or had a free place/a job.. hope all is well!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, such a fun weekend! I wish I had slipped away and met you to see The Civil Wars. They're my new fave (as of last night when I downloaded their EP and have listened to it on repeat all day)! Happy Monday...love you!