Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Norma Jean

Today is one year since my sweet Grandma left us. Its freaky how quickly time flies. Today I'm remembering her beautiful smile and quirks. Also thinking about mom a lot.

Tonight I'm making my roomies a meal Grandma would have loved. I am quite excited. Don't worry- I'll post pics.

So.... in a completely lighter tone, this is what mom said this morning:

mom: I did a little coloring therapy last night.
me: what do you mean?
mom: I downloaded some pictures of germs and colored them.
me: you just made the blog. what are you talking about?
mom: We're making a bulletin board for nurse training and I colored germs. Ok, I gotta go. Love you.

I love my mother.

Update: here are some pics from "Ode to Grandma: the 2009 edition".

Chelsea and Stevie PUMPED for some stew.

cute.
standard.

See? So yummie.
Group shot. Everyone say "Grandma" (i love this family)

3 comments:

Emily said...

you are so g. clare :) i love it. and i love your momma

Kelley said...

my goal.

xoxo

Jackie said...

What a great post! I read the part about your mom and was in hysterics; so, I read it aloud to my husband, and he thought it was hilarious, too. The Kirker ladies (mom included) are, no doubt, some of the funniest people on the planet!