Sunday, September 6, 2009

30 to 30: Day 30, "Wrap Up"


I'M THIRTY!

We did it, friends! We made it thirty days of challenges and excitement! Whatever will I do with all my spare time now? :)

I started this whole project with something of an assessment of life. Obviously nothing momentous has shifted in the days that have passed... but I'm not the same. I've enjoyed the intrigues, highs, lows and, well, challenge of the past month. I figure, to round things out, I'll wrap it all up with a little update on the "state of the kelley".

Lets face it, I got over myself a little. Who really cares if I'm what most people consider "older". (By the way, that phrase cracks me up. Older than what?) Anyhow, I'm no longer in my twenties and if I'm honest, I'm feeling freed up. My twenties were delightful in some ways and also a lot like braces- totally necessary but I wouldn't go back. You know what I'm sayin? I'm sure I'll be amazed at 40 by how much the decade held for me, so I'm realizing its all about seasons.

I have noticed I am an adventurer! OK, a frugal adventure seeker. Mama's gotta save her pennies, hence the lack of sky diving. I'm also quite easily entertained. For real. All this has me determined to spend more time slowing down and paying attention to each day (an unlikely by product of this project) and to hear other people's stories. After all, if its one thing that is allowed after 30 its slowing down! I have a feeling I won't do well at it, but I sure can try! I'm a happy and extremely blessed girl. How can I ignore that? Its undeniable and woven in every area of my life and I'm so grateful for every ridiculously wonderful gift?

Its 12:34 (always a hoot) and I'm wide awake at Kristin and Chad's house. They're sound asleep. Don't they know they're missing "The Brady Bunch Movie"?? Amateurs.

Lots of my birthday love to you, my dears. Hope you're enjoying the holiday in honor of Kristin and me. Go ahead and take the day off.

2 comments:

Mark and Rachel said...

Happy 30th! Too bad we don't get the day off in celebration of your big day. Very sad. At least it's sunny. That's pretty big too :)

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday, Kelley! Kristin told me about your blog and your "30 to 30" adventure when I was getting my hair cut a few weeks ago, and I have been following ever since! I hope to see you at the party tonight!