Friday, June 18, 2010

OVERwhelm.

Here's the thing...

When I have too many things on the to-do list and not enough hours in the day (provided I actually sleep), I go into "brown out" mode. I do only what is necessary and, unfortch, that means I haven't been here as often as usual.

I will break my silence to let you know that I self-soothed by exchanging my so-awesome-but-too-ambitious heels from Zappos for some OH-HOLY-NIGHT-these-are-too-cute wedges. You should know that I never buy shoes. I'm always happy to wear my cowboy boots. That's why purchasing shoes in January got a freaking blog post. That said, Amber is a stylist (and just plain old cool) and she sniffed them out... so OBV, i pounced on em. They get to me Monday because Zappos thinks I am VIP (for no reason) and, well, that takes the edge off of a crazy Friday, ok? Just look how adorable:

Before Monday, I must pack, move, clean, (maybe) sleep, attend a wedding, dance the night away at said wedding, (come to think of it, find a boy to do said dancing at said wedding), nest at new place and reward dear friends helping me move by feeding them Jet's Pizza and cold beers.

Can I do it? Of course I can.

Is that confidence or the iced mocha I started the day with? Doesn't much matter at this point.

4 comments:

A Chic Critique said...

Ooh - those shoes are most certainly fab. I want.

You will look uber-sexy in them! That Amber Lehman has great taste. :)

Amber Lehman said...

YESSSS!!!

Karin said...

Go Kelley go! You can do it!

Sidenote: I showed Dylan the World Cup pic you posted on facebook; he now would like a job at Emma. I will say a little cheer for you and your busy self with each soccer game I watch this weekend. Think of me every time you hear a vuvuzela.

Kelley said...

annie, anything YOU like.. I should like! ;)

amber, i am flattered that THE AMBER LEHMAN chimed in. Ladies and gentlemen... you saw it here first. <3

Karin, DEAL! I love those annoying things! haha. I found some website that will stream the game while filtering out that noise... but i prefer it. hehe. THANK you for the vote of confidence. xoxox (ps. Dylan working here would be TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!)