Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Locals

Dad and I got to video chat this morning- SO nice! I got to see his surroundings and, all of a sudden, the world felt a lot smaller. It was first thing in the morning for me and dinner time for him. Ultimately we had to hang up b/c it was time for the daily wash down. The "mess hall"... not dad. Although, lets be real, I'm sure that happened later. It sounds like they'll be set free on Friday evening which will be our Friday morning! I'm so happy to hear they'll be returning HOME on Monday (as originally planned) instead of venturing deeper into China. It seems they are quarantine happy over there and what a shame it would be to get caught up in a much less accommodating place.. again! So, look out America! The boys are ('bout to be) back in town! :)

Some friends and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo by hitting up the newest restaurant in our 'hood. It is called The Local Taco and, Nashville, it will soon be your new favorite! It is not only innovative and DEElish, but it is also owned by my friend John Ko. I met John through my friend Traci who is great friends with him from Atlanta. He is really funny and, apparently, QUITE the restauranteur. Bottom line- last night we decided TLT is going to be our "The Max". The only question is this..."how many times a week can I come here before I look nuts?" The answer is probably this.... "not possible." Think I can be like Norm and just sit down and have my favorites delivered?

Today some AMAZING news was also delivered. NEAL is staying in town!! That's right, folks, he has a publishing deal and will be a local boy indefinitely! WOO HOO! I'm so excited! St. Louis will not take another friend yet! :) Sorry, Mojos! hehe.

What a great day! Forget the buckets and buckets of non-stop rain! Its a day worth celebrating!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure who Neal is (yet) but you can let him know I'd be happy to help out with any publishing demos he needs to make. (assuming he has a music publishing deal. :) If it's book, I wouldn't be much help would I?)

Kelley said...

It is music, indeed, Greg! I'll pass that along to him! I have no idea how any of that magic works. :)

steal magnolias said...

yum! jealous!

freshie (and zero) said...

Cute! Where is that place?