Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thats me...

So, this week has been one of some amazing music! Have I mentioned I LOVE Nashville???

I went, Tuesday, to the world famous Bluebird Cafe for the first time since moving here over 4 years ago! Annie snagged some seats for Meg, Kara, Annie and me! It was amazing! Four outstanding artists (representing Canada hardcore) played some amazing tunes. My favorite of the 4 ladies was Tania Hancheroff. Insane. It was a wonderful "girls night" as it were. LOVED it! Thanks, Annie!

Last night I took it to Exit/In in honor of the world's best brudder in law. Chad is in love with "Paper Route" and now I know why! They're outstanding!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! They were the perfect mix of energetic and enjoyable! I am Nashville's newest fan of P.R.! AND I spotted an old friend Josh on stage... turns out he decided to forsake being an architect in favor of the rock life. Atta boy!

As I was standing next to a 5 foot by 3 foot woofer that threatened my rib cage, I found myself dancing next to a girl who was OBViously high. Specifically on ecstacy. I know this because she couldn't stop telling me how much she loved me. Then she told me she loved my Betty Bangs. (I LOVE that they have a name) Then she asked me this: "Do you wake up every morning excited about how fabulous you are?" Awfully sweet of my new best friend... whatever her name is.

Keep on keepin' on, friends! I'm just on a mission to stay awake until 9:30p when I crash in order to wake up at 4:35a to 3 degree weather in order to do "Bootcamp" at the YMCA. I feel exceedingly awesome these days. :)

Holler!

4 comments:

Beloved said...

I love you and I am not high.

Deborah Barnett said...

So.... Do you wake up every morning excited about how fabulous you are?

For the record, I'm not high either.

The Madden said...

Paper Route sounds good. Tell Chad he can keep me up to date on the music he likes whenever he wants.

Cameron said...

Sounds like "she" was a 5 foot 7 woofer! If you and Chad say PR rocks, then they DO.