Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bases to Cover

Friends...

I have so much cover, I may interrupt myself!

For starters:
Christmas was amazing! I had the best time with Cam and Carol and we tore up Florida on a road trip! I love them to pieces and would hop right back in the car and do it again... all except for the day we drove 13 hours when the only things that kept me sane were the oldies streaming over the radio waves and the Double Issue of People Magazine (aka "the news") i flipped thru.

New Years was low key and great with Kristin Chad and Julia! We took it over to Travis and Ashley's for a (mostly) married people sleep over. It was way more fun that that sounds. They're fun married peeps. Travis smoked the butt of a pig for 18 something hours and it was ridiculously delish! I honestly fell asleep before midnight and, were it not for my observant sister, would have stayed right there til morning. The year of our Lord 2009 is off to a great start!

I have been celebrating MANY an engagement lately! Christmas was the season for bliss, it seems! What is this 2007 (otherwise known as the 17 weddings year)?! My roomie Chancey got engaged to Tread. Lara got engaged to Rob. Emily got engaged to Travis. It is only January, people. This is gonna be quite a year! Holler! (thought: i wonder if hugs count as an acceptable wedding gift?)

HERE's the one i've been waiting for... THE BACHELOR STARTED LAST NIGHT!

what. on. earth?

I honestly don't think it is a result of bitterness from not being chosen by the powers that be at ABC. Jason is amazing, but there's no way I would be down for duking it out for a man on national television. Back to the situation at hand. :)

I cannot fathom where those producers could have scrounged up more erratic or bizarre women. It was like a freak show of the needy, sub- standard dancers club of Tan Town. There was no less than an ex-cowboys cheerleader, a socially impaired educator (who felt so sure of herself that she quit her job to compete), and a stalker-tastic dental hygienist. One after the other... they pile out of the limo. Hell bent on out-weirding one another. Usually with salsa moves. Oy vey. I was mildly bored until they, in a stroke of ratings, decide to allow the girls to vote on one girl to get voted off first! The tables turned on us as the most hated girl (based on 24 minutes of sipping champagne in the same vicinity), actually gets a rose! That is where the excitement slowed... until we are treated to a promo for the coming season. It smacked of a scene of one's life flashing before their eyes... if one's life includes cameras capturing flashy clothes and kissing 25 different people every day. duh. mine does. Deanna comes groveling back! what on earth?! I'm willing to say here that, if he chooses Deanna, I will literally never watch ABC again. Feel the weight of that statement, I beg you. It is a HUGE statement due to my affinity for "Lost". I feel that adamant. BOTTOM LINE: I should have been on there. hahahaha!

As an aside, I just can't tell you how I miss the sun. It has been raining non-stop. I just long to dry out and see the sun. Is that too much to ask?

Next installment, New Years Goals for 2009. Get ready...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, dahlings!

6 comments:

hootenannie said...

Your passion over "The Bachelor" is so potent - just one of the many things I love about you, KK. :)

And yes, you TOTALLY should have been on there. The ABC executives must have ridden the short bus.

Beloved said...

How I enjoyed your update!! I have been wanting a live one, and this is a good start.
"life includes kissing 25 different people a day...mine does." That was awesome.

The Madden said...

Those girls are ho-tastic. That group is totally inexcusable. There is no way you can't find 25 decent human beings out of all the girls who want to be on that show? Seriously? The Bachelor is turning into Rock of Love. I keep waiting for Roxy to jump out of the limo wearing a mini-skirt, stilletos, a cup from Wet Willies and 3 day old make-up.

The Madden said...

From now on instead of giving out a rose, they should give out a bottle of Wild Irish Rose. It would certainly better fit the class of "lady" receiving it.

JC said...

if they are going to shake things up so much...they should do a Bon Qui Qui "meets Jean de Florette."

never seen the bachelor before but i know that combination would be worth watching.

you get big points if you can name the movie from which my partial quote came. mad props.

linda said...

i highly doubt he will pick deanna. it's just for tv. i'm rooting for the hot dog girl - what's her name. i love that you applied! i would have applied if it had been jesse. loved that man.