Friday, January 30, 2009

Mama

Some of you have heard, but I figured I would let you in on the recent happenings for the Kirker Family.

My sweet Mom has been diagnosed with Uterine Cancer.

I hate writing those words. As far as cancers go, it is among the most treatable and has very promising statistics for full recovery. Its just that... its my mom. I want nothing to be wrong with her. I can't imagine a world without my mom, so I can't "go" there. I can't and won't indulge in the fear that goes along with the word cancer.

Mom's surgery is on Tuesday morning. I'm headed home in the morning and plan to be snuggled up to my dear mommy until further notice.

She's a trooper and God is in control- two good things.

To make this day a memorable one, I decided I would go ahead and have an MRI and an MRA. My optometrist got me in to see a neuro opthamologist. He recommended the scans to get to the bottom of my loss of clear vision in my right eye. We'll see.

Is it time for bed yet?

6 comments:

amanda said...

i love you and your sweet family too. praying for you guys. big SC style hugs...

Deborah Barnett said...

praying for your mama... and I'm so glad you still came last night. I can never get too much Kelley time

Anonymous said...

i'm soooooo sorry kel. i'm praying for you and your family! wish i cuold do something for you!

Leslie McCaskey said...

I'm praying for you and your family! I wish I could say something that is more comforting right now, but have no words. Please know that I am offering a listening ear, anytime.

Kim said...

cool blog, kelly!!! (this is the only post i've read so far, but i'll have to subscribe! :)

..i just wrote on your facebook too, but i am and will cont. to pray for your mama's full -and speedy!- recovery!!

(my dad just had surgery too, so i feel your pain with being in the hospital so much!!)

........love you, girl! take care and be blessed!! <3

Laurie Philips said...

KEL- oh my. Praying for your mom!