Thursday, November 29, 2007

Go Dores!

Let's Go, Black and Gold! Tonight Sarah June and I ventured to Memorial Gym to catch the Vandy boys throw down against the University of South Alabama. (If you're wondering, that means they are USA and their colors are red, white, and blue... wow.)

Now, you need to know that June is a hard core basketball fan. She played growing up and just plain enjoys it! I.... didn't. play growing up, that is. I do enjoy the game... i just don't get all the rules. The evening was full of, "see the little clock behind the goal? that's the shot clock..." and the like. She's helpful, that June. Together we are very hardcore up in the nose bleeds! Just look...

Afterwards, we ran into Jimmy and Courtney. They're some of the most dedicated fans around. When i say dedicated, i mean i don't think Jimmy has missed a game in years. He comes from a long line of Vandy fans- its a heritage, really. He spent his college years acting as one of the team managers... You are impressed and i get that... it makes sense. He's that awesome. Here's to you, Jim Jim. Check out that V U symbol!


The Commodores finally won after double over time! It was really touch and go there for a while. We all know a "W" on the books is all that matters! (does that sound like i know what I'm talking about?)


So- before all of the Vandy excitement, i dropped by Provident to see old work pals. It was as lovely to see them as I had anticipated. We girls used to have a daily "meeting" where we giggled and solved the problems of the world over snackwells crackers and diet coke. Today was no exceptions. Except someones mom forgot snacks. So, we got to chatting and before i knew it, i was laughing from my toes. Per usual. Somehow we got to the fact that my recent co-workers are intense Harry Potter enthusiasts. I remembered them calling me a "muggle" at some point last year. Not knowing what it meant made it about as offensive as someone calling me a bad word in German. Today i got my explanation, though. This is Michelle's direct quote:
"A Muggle is a non-magical creature... you. me? no." I laughed a lot. Such fun catching up with those peeps.

All in all- I'd call that a good day. Today i also rediscovered "India.Arie"... that just graduated it to a great day!

1 comment:

TheDonUSC said...

It's almost like I was at the game. Except I would have pulled against the Dores. Or checked the USC score on my phone. Or been socially awkward. But at least two of those three. Glad your life is getting "organized". (HA HA HA - deep belly laughs were made for corny one liners) With all that extra time, you should drive North to VA- AKA the promised land of manure and rednecks. OK, so it's not milk and honey, but it's still AWESOME. Keep doin' what you so . . .