Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Horses Horses Horses Horses"

Are you with me? Does everyone else take to singing like Meg Ryan in "Sleepless in Seattle" when they think of Christmas carols?

Before Thanksgiving of each year i find myself a tad annoyed with the premature arrival of all things Christmasy. Even to the point of going out of my way to avoid shopping for gifts (yeah... that's why), listening to the music, or eating the holiday yummies until the appointed time. We all know the appointed time is midnight the day after Thanksgiving, by the by.

Once the time has come to jump in head over heels into the seasonal bliss, I am like an elf whose come out of hibernation in time to live on a diet of hot cocoa and candy canes! I even sing carols in my sleep. I get so excited about seeing the lights on all the houses, enjoying the nip in the air, and above all practicing how to function well on three hours of sleep on Christmas day because i just KNOW i've heard Santa on the roof. You've never met another 28 year-old who gets more excited about handing out all the gifts on the big day. My family named me the elf. I have earned this title. I can't sleep. I get so excited about my stocking. SO excited. I can't be bothered to bathe and i am nearly always the one to wake up everyone in the house. I am basically possessed.

I reveal these facts to you, my faithful readers, to tell you that something momentous happened on Lauderdale Road tonight. WE. GOT. OUR. TREE! Its on.

It. Is. On.

We've even been known to load up on mistletoe each year. When i say "load up", i mean Sarah June somehow finds some wholesaler who lets her leave with enough for everyone in Nashville to find romance. It literally hangs from every surface. That sure seems promising... we'll see what excitement looms beneath those tiny bundles of hope.

As i finish this post, let me leave you with something incredibly exciting...

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeee! "Lets hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling, ring-ting-tingling too...."