Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lets Take it From the Top

Before i get ahead of myself, i figure i will offer a little re-cap of my current state of affairs. I know there are approximately 4.5 people who are concerned with the details, of course, but i feel like starting this blog out of no where seems out of whack. Though, there would be something funny about pretending that we (you and i) are in the middle of a conversation...

So, I will start by saying the reason i have wandered into this uncharted blog territory is for one person. Well, its probably more appropriate to say 1.5 persons. Mrs. Courtney "Coco" Strubel Armistead. She is great with child, thus, she counts as more than just one person. We've taken to nicknaming her unborn child Jasmine ever since we learned that something the size of a piece of rice had begun forming in her womb. Please note that no sex has been disclosed yet... it is simply the result of habit - calling her a her that is. Still, Jazzy is probably her more appropriate given name. Jazzy and i tend to grab lunch from time to time. Coco and i have what we know and love as a Daytime relationship. its a beautiful thing and i recommend it to anyone. Basically what you need to have your very own D.R. is to leave your full time/well paying/ benefit providing job. If you are me, you don't leave so much as they show you to the door and take back the electronic card that gave you entrance to the building with a firm handshake and a "God is in Control". If you're Coco, you simply leave the teaching job you are brilliant at in order to have a moment's peace with your new husband before getting knocked up. Well, she got a few days, anyway.

Coco. What fun we have. She is a dear dear friend and i am only mildly obsessed with her in the same way i am mildly obsessed with peanut M&Ms. In all seriousness, she loves the Lord and reminds me of His love for me on a daily basis. she has a way with reminding me of the truth that i need and love. so, i just needed to mention that in case no one else ever reads this blog... she'd know from whence it came.

I need to mention that i have the best friends a girl could hope for!! College girls who love me well and Nashville sissers/roomates who love me well! I just can't tell you how favored i feel because of these relationships! They teach teach teach me. you just don't know...

So, by now you've figured out i left/got left by Provident Label Group. It was and is a good thing now. It just stung a little in February/March when it all happened. I enjoy having stability and that single movement ushered me into the realm of having precious little be stable and constant in my world. My family, friends/roomates, and church have been my buoy on these harsh ocean waves.

I JUST don't know what people do without twin sisters!!! i pity you all, really.

Kristin got married in August... to the last living knight in shining armor. or is it armour. Nevertheless, y'all HAVE to know Chad. he's amazing. and that word doesn't cut it. i love him. you KNOW i love him if he's allowed to have Kristin. she. is. my. world. They are even more amazing married. i mean that so wholeheartedly. That wedding was obviously a large part of my year and life. It was thrilling to be doing "odd jobs" during this time to be able to dedicate two whole weeks to time in SC for this event. i just can't say enough how wonderful it was.

Another landmark on the road map of my year is weddings in, general! I have either attended or participated in 17 weddings, my friends. It takes alot to have any sort of fondness for this hallowed event after 5 much less 17. But it was every bit of 17 and i have to say... they were all great! Family and friends alike got married this year. I am a blessed gal... blessed but ready to see Wedding Fest 07 come to a close.

Lastly, but most definitely NOT least, I have started my own business! Organize Nashville is now in full swing! i even got an outstanding logo made by Addie Diller. love her- she's so good to me. So, i began the journey that has been in the works for years.. a job i feel keenly equipped for and extremely enthusiastic about! I am just so thrilled about helping people move through the junk in their homes that inhibits them from being efficient and peaceful. I love that i get to help people simplify. This is turning into much too long of a blog posting to go into any more detail. Suffice it to say that one year ago, i could never have dreamt big enough to imagine having a mostly flexible schedule, owning a business i love, feeling peaceful, and having a church that i absolutely LOVE. more on them later.

This is most definitely a Thanksgiving themed blog. so, thanks, Lord. you're amazingly good to me!

3 comments:

The Armisteads said...

incredible. orderly conduct is now one of my daily reads...right up there with gmail and facebook. jimmy was quite impressed with your writing skills.

claire the bear said...

Grrr. just thinking of the PLG incident my tummy ache. As in the profound words of Dane Cook, someone who rhymes with Schmen Bloward makes me want to punch babies.

Good thing i left too. We were the last of the Mohicans.

Buckingham Palace said...

I think you guys should come back to the corporate world of PLG. Nothing like having your soul slowly sucked out of you. hahaha.. Kelley I miss you! But glad I am seeing you at church now!