Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nickel for your thoughts...




This evening, I (Kelley Lynne Kirker) encountered the great "Nickel Creek" at the one and only Historic Ryman Auditorium. It is their farewell tour. A moment of silence please....


IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Sara, Chris, and Shawn brought it in a face-melting awesome way! They no less than covered "Toxic" by Britney. The number one stunner of the evening was their rendish of "I Want you Back" by the Jackson 5! I just love their energy and talent.



You know that I am constantly thinking about your needs- so, i threw caution to the wind and ignored the "no camera rule" to bring you this- a sub-par snapshot of the talented bunch. The bassist later took to clogging. I recommend catching them when they come to your town. I can't say that strongly enough without expletives, and you know i am a family friendly blogger. suffice it to say, you need to ask Santa for tickets if you've not already had your face melted with their charm and raw talent.



My favorite lyric of the evening was definitely when Chris sang, "Who will I bring to the Grammys and make out with when i win? If you're going to leave, set me up with one of your friends..." hilarious, that guy... by the way, if Chris Thile is ever within reach, I'll probably embarrass myself. just a warning.



Take my word when i say it was a fantastic evening!! Made possible, of course, by Scott and Becka Blackburn. Here's to you two and your generosity! Michelle, Becka, and I enjoyed the very impressive air-violin stylings of a lady, i like to think of as, named Rhonda. Rhonda sat in front of us and i almost watched her as much as i watched the Creek. Here we are - happy to be together!


After the excitement of running into a bunch of cool peeps in the foyer (which, i have oft wondered is actually pronounced FOY YAY or if i say it because i like the way it sounds), I headed to an equally renowned establishment... Roberts. Ole Roberts is a honky tonk that's always the right place to be. I hopped in to say hi to Jerrod, PY, and Forrester. Those fellas are nothing but a good time. PBRs were enjoyed. a dance was had. smiles were shared. What more could a girl ask for? Here are the famed gentlemen.










On that note, I shall leave you with a jolly "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite". Until tomorrow, my public. night night.

No comments: