Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On (Un)Processing.

For starters, I am so out of the practice of daily blogging that you'll be getting periodic updates this month. Baby steps.

So, I am only ONE more sleep away from my annual getaway weekend with my college besties. Katherine, Heidi, Julie and I get together every year and we laugh, eat and love our way through the weekend. We ask each other hard questions, pass tissues when we cry and laugh hard at and with each other. I am excited to get to the mountains and not leave elastic pants the whole weekend. Woop!

Speaking of processing, I am avoiding processed foods like the plague, y'all.

I've only eaten food that grows out of the ground or clucks around the ground... you see what I mean. Lots of ground-centric eating. OH, and LaCroix. A girl has gotta have her vices.. even if it is just bubbly water.

Yesterday I had an amazing meal of deliciousness. Just look! I had chicken, brussel sprouts, zucchini, squash, black bean & corn salad and cabbage. I wish I could eat it again and again.


I'm really loving the new habit of checking the ingredients for something other than knowing the calories. I love that I'm checking for the number of ingredients and what they are. It is just plain nice to know precisely what I'm putting in my body. Its not like this Unprocessed-ness is all that dissimilar to how I've been eating for the last few months but it sure is a focused attention to the origin of my food and I rather love it.

I'm thankful for pretty food but I'm also really grateful for the gorgeous weather. It was a little warm this morning when we went to the "ground breaking" for the new Emma digs. The sun reminded us we're having a bit of an Indian Summer. Which I love. I already miss Summer and its barely out the door. :)

I'm also grateful for legs and feet that work, super red hair, a fun weekend ahead, good music and loving friends.

Good night.

Love,
Kelley

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

And I'm so thankful for YOU.

Truly.

Chelsea Lesniewski said...

Yay! Have fun!