Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whirlwind!

I don't even know where the last week has gone! Rather perplexing, actually.

That's right... perplexing.

I do know that I have been staying at work until at least 6:30p every night. I don't have to get there until 9, so its not too bad. My days at work are so packed that I feel like i surface in time for lunch and for bathroom breaks. Its SO much better than the opposite! I really do love it!

Ok, for our latest installment of "Random Kelley Tidbits" I give you the following:

- I had THE BEST TIME with Katherine, Heidi, and Julie in San Antonio! Well.. it was magical being with them anyway. San An was nothing like I anticipated. Great food and... the Alamo. Those girls make anything fun, so it was great. Nothing like old friends. Here we are!



- I paid $3.24/gallon for gas today... and thought it was so cheap they were GIVING it away! sad.
- I have discovered (a) the Kenny Loggins station and (b) the Motown station on Pandora. dangerous. Its like Kroger is always with me. Kind of like that creepy Verizon guy.
- I just packed WAY too much for the weekend trip that starts at noon Thursday. I have Becca's wedding on Saturday and A TON of friends will be at the beach together to celebrate. Pretty much incredible! Then there's coming home through Charlotte where I will be sharing some thoughts at my sweet Grandma's memorial service. It will be good... just a BIG swing of emotions in one weekend. If i were going to two more weddings, it would be a movie. i kid.
- I have woken up humming Phil Collins songs the past three mornings.
- My daddy got a new job! He's working with a ministry he's been on the board with for as long as I can remember: "Helping International Students." He'll be holding down the fort for them in Charlotte. Much growth to come with an institute, etc. He'll guest blog for me soon. Right pop? ;)
- This is the first time in 4 years that all 5 family members (yes, Chad gets counted) have been employed at the same time! That means one thing to this girl... we get to exchange CHRISTMAS GIFTS AGAIN! holler! ok... it means a few things. but that was the first to pop in my mind!
- I have been listening to Christmas music already.
- I am SO PUMPED about my Halloween costume! I'm gonna be a "sister wife" from Utah. Complete with awesome frumpy jumper and poof hairstyle. SO awesome. I'll even have baby dolls that get taken away. Hey... the tackier the better. that's what i always say.

Ok, I'm getting too worked up. I need to be winding down, but its hard. I come to life at night. Its 12:48a (my favorite time b/c each number doubles!) and all i can think is that i would like to look through my memory box and chew Big Red. Time to calm down. I think I will start to re-read "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. That should do the trick.

Next time you hear from me will likely be from Edisto Island! holla!

Cheers, homies!

5 comments:

The Madden said...

You would need 3 more weddings in order for it to be a movie. Love that Hugh Grant.

hootenannie said...

Okay, when I read "sister wife" I literally laughed OUT LOUD. Right here at my desk. Kind of choked on my own laugh, because I tried to stop it from coming out - but it was too late. I cannot WAIT to see Mormon Kelley - why didn't they ever make an LDS Barbie?

The Morginskys said...

"complete with awesome frumpy jumper and poof hairstyle. SO awesome. I'll even have baby dolls that get taken away. Hey... the tackier the better. that's what i always say." girlfriend, youre too funny.

Deborah Barnett said...

try typing "Feist" into Pandora. Amazing mixes come out...

When you're in your Halloween costume... steer clear of any WOF conferences. You'll just blend in. That would be our demographic.

Thinking about your from St. Paul this weekend.

kari said...

i've started listening to christmas music too! i love it!