Thursday, October 27, 2011

OK.

I am out of the habit, y'all.

Whenever I come back to blogging after a season away, I feel compelled to bring you up to speed. I mean, it hasn't been a month, but still.

 I want to tell you that in the last month, I have:

- Taken to eating food that occurs in nature (as evidenced in the previous post).

- Taken to being kind to myself when I eat processed food (like that day at the cook out at work when I ate a hamburger *and* hot dog.)

- Gotten a promotion at work. I am no longer a Design Consultant for Emma... I am now the Emma Host who welcomes new clients. It is pretty thrilling to do something every day that I feel perfectly suited for.

- Booked an appointment to get my fillings replaced next week. ONLY in my adulthood would I be thrilled to get dental work while others get vacations. (who am I kidding? I still go on vacation.) Nevertheless, I'm pumped about getting mercury fillings removed and being metal free, y'all.

- Realized that from now to mid-January, I will attend 5 weddings! That does not even include the two I really wish I could attend but can't because of distance. I love love. I just do.

- Enjoyed really busy days, mostly busy nights and still manage to get some good sleep sometimes. This felt worth noting.

- Got the box set of Friday Night Lights from two dear friends I organized for. SO THRILLING. The only thing more thrilling is that they got SO into the organization of their basement and it is, honestly, a vision. Its incredibly gratifying. Seriously though, if you haven't watched FNL, you are missing out. Just ask Kristin who watched the series, in its entirety, in 2 weeks. Right, Kris?

- Had one of my oldest and dearest friends visit from Charleston with her sweet mama. It was a total blast and we explored Leiper's Fork while they were here. We also hung out with some firemen but that is an entirely different story.

- I got to NC to spend some AMAZING quality time with my college besties. It was just... amazing. I love them and they love me so well. Is there anything so sweet as that?

That feels like a good stopping point. I have so many things to be grateful for. Last night I had a great conversation with my friend Annie and we marveled at how, when you're talking with someone you love, its hard not to come back to a place of gratitude. Life can be kinda crappy at the time but there will still be an overwhelm of joy when you have someone loving remind you of the truth.

I am just grateful and happy.

xo

1 comment:

The Morginskys said...

so when's your denver visit? :)