Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nicknames

Why are nicknames SO endearing?? I grew up as "bunny" (rather *we* were "the bunnies") and it feels more normal to me than my given name most days. At least with mom and dad... don't go getting any ideas.

Daniel (who shares a desk with Kelly and me... yes... he deals with two kell(e)ys every day!) and his presh wife Loreal have an adorable daughter named Stella. The stories about her are legendary around here! We got talking about nicknames today and I just HAD to share the cutest nicknames that came pouring out of daniel's mouth!


1. Whisker
2. Tater
3. Jones

Y'all.... WHISKER. I love it! The best part is that she doesn't bat an eyelash when her name is spoken in love... even when its Jones.

So sweet.

2 comments:

Traffic said...

Ha ha you made the whole thing even cuter by writing about it :) What is it about pet names that are so endearing?

Kim said...

love this!! :)

i call kayla Lucy and i'm pretty sure she loves it! (i know i do!!:)