Tuesday, September 21, 2010

misty, water-colored...

memories!

Things that were just remembered by me:

- How I got good grades in 3rd grade and got to pick out the bed I wanted. Any bed. I chose.... a water bed. That's right. A water bed. It ruled.

- Dad (Diddy) and I had a ritual. Once a month, we would empty said bed of air bubbles. I would roll from one corner diagonally to the opposite corner. I loved it.

- My room was the one on the front of the house with a gardenia bush. It smelled lovely when the windows were open.

- One time Kristin got locked out and she knocked on my window til I came to the door. It took so long (it worked its way in to my dream) that she was in tears by the time I arrived to let her in. She was starting to think she'd be left to sleep in her car. Oh man.

- In middle school, my most often packed bag-lunch was simply a bag of microwave popcorn and a juicy juice. Gross. (kind of).

- I used to sleep nap in pink curlers because I was convinced I looked like Julia Roberts when I fluffed out my insanely thick ringlets in the morning.

Last, but not least, I thought Ronald Reagan was a grandparent of mine as a kid. We prayed for him every night and I just thought he was a relative... and he was old. It made sense to me. (True story: I flew in to the Dallas airport the day he died and I cried a lot.)

adieu.

1 comment:

HANNA {the contented soul} said...

I wore the same pink sponge rollers growing up! :)