Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Carol at a mall.

Its been a while, so I'll toss you a Carol story.

We (Kristin, Chad and me) met up with them (Mom, Dad, and my grandparents- Big Daddy and Judy) at the Southpark mall. I had just flown in and we were all about to celebrate birthdays with a nice dinner together. Four birthdays between 7 of us.

So, after relaxing in a comfy chair chatting (while we wait for our reservation), mom leans over and says this:

carol: So, how are things? Are you feeling good?
me: (taking a breath to start to answer)
carol: (leaning in) do you want a pet?
me: are you drunk?
carol: *uncontrolled laughter*

two things:
- I have never wanted a pet. Of any sort, really. [I once had guinea pigs that I gave away less than a year later.] That is.. UNTIL i watched a documentary on the sweetest assistance dogs the world over. A dog named Salsa (a trained seizure-detecting dog!) won my heart. I am just saying... the tide may have turned. Stay tuned.
- You should know how quickly and hilariously Carol rattled off those questions. She's a wonder to behold.

Then we ate upscale pasta. And it was awesome.

xo

No comments: